On 12/4/2019 at 9:11 PM, zabkaatlarge said:

Hello,

I have a QNAP TS-473 and Kodi version 18.5.0.0 works on HDStation 4.0.3 for my NAS, but as soon as I upgrade to 4.1.0 (bug fixes specifically for TS-473), it no longer launches.

When I click on the icon there is just a spinning Q logo and Kodi doesn't open.

Rolling back to 4.0.3 fixes the issue, but it has other issues such as broken internet and remote functionality that was fixed in 4.1.0.

I tried contacting QNAP support but they didn't find anything unusual in my HelpDesk log file that they could assist with.

I have the same problem. I'm scared to downgrade my firmware, but Kodi17 requires an older HDStation and Kodi18 won't run (same symptom as you describe). Is there a way to fix this? I'm completely stuck.

you are sure that you are running on the the new storagepool filesystem ? If not then make sure you migrate to it, as Kodi 18 will NOT start when on legacy volumes.

On 1/7/2020 at 2:43 AM, thomas.rehberg said:

you are sure that you are running on the the new storagepool filesystem? If not then make sure you migrate to it, as Kodi 18 will NOT start when on legacy volumes.

I read this throughout this thread, but I upgraded to 4.4.1 from 4.3.x and am not running the new storagepool file system, but Kodi 18.5 starts and runs fine. I was legitimately surprised that it worked, and I'm not sure why.

very strange indeed. Maybe they have changed some requirements meanwhile, remember that I had to open a ticket and worked with the R&D directly in order to find this out.  But I never regretted having done the shift, the NAS works better than compared with the legacy volumes. 

Hi ;-)

I have an TS-453b with 8Gb memory and SSD, and installed Kodi Leia from qnapclub.eu

However, I'm experiencing image stuttering and audio dropout problems about every 10 minutes or so. 

I'm using audio pass-through in Kodi as I have a home cinema, thus I would like to pass HQ audio (DTS-MA, Atmos etc.) to my receiver.

First I thought it was the refresh rate that was the problem, but tried also 59.94, with the same results..

Also tried playing around with buffering in Kodi and even put the moive's on the NAS itself, so no buffering would be needed.

However, sometimes it does not do this at all, so I'm quite puzzled as to what is causing this :huh:

Wondering if there are any requirement to HD station version, except for >= 4.0.0 version or something else that can cause this?

Hi. Ive just updated to QTS 4.4 and my Kodi stopped working. Can anyone share the new version? Looks like the server died. Thanks

Le 04/02/2020 à 12:34, Thomas Thomsen a dit :

Hi ;-)

I have an TS-453b with 8Gb memory and SSD, and installed Kodi Leia from qnapclub.eu

However, I'm experiencing image stuttering and audio dropout problems about every 10 minutes or so. 

I'm using audio pass-through in Kodi as I have a home cinema, thus I would like to pass HQ audio (DTS-MA, Atmos etc.) to my receiver.

First I thought it was the refresh rate that was the problem, but tried also 59.94, with the same results..

Also tried playing around with buffering in Kodi and even put the moive's on the NAS itself, so no buffering would be needed.

However, sometimes it does not do this at all, so I'm quite puzzled as to what is causing this :huh:

Wondering if there are any requirement to HD station version, except for >= 4.0.0 version or something else that can cause this?

Hi Thomas,

I have exactly the same issue.

On my Tvs-472xt (i5-8600t) it also stutters, eg audio drops and frame stuttering,  i already contacted Qnap but it's 3rd party software so no support.

It looks like it's an issue with the audio, when i don't use the passthrough i don't have this issue, when using passthrough to the av-receiver, this issue occurs but not always .

I already tested with buffers, HW acceleration on/off, different audio settings .... but i cannot get it fixed...

Try to look what PlayerDebug Info (STRG SHIFT O) is telling you: If there is a constant rise of VsynchOFF values then you know your problem. I might be that in passtrough you face an audio clock that is in deviating from the video clock constantly, and after a while it needs to skip frames to get back on sync.  Otherwise you need to try the option "sync audio to video" in the Player options, but then you loose passthrough because of resampling. In my case this even does not help, but for others it does. 

Also, try to disable all motion improver in the TV, as in my case the "LED MOTION PLUS" was the reason (black frame injection, not frame rate doubling, this is something different), this is what I discovered yesterday . 

Not easy to find, but don´t give up :-)

Il y a 15 heures, thomas.rehberg a dit :

Try to look what PlayerDebug Info (STRG SHIFT O) is telling you: If there is a constant rise of VsynchOFF values then you know your problem. I might be that in passtrough you face an audio clock that is in deviating from the video clock constantly, and after a while it needs to skip frames to get back on sync.  Otherwise you need to try the option "sync audio to video" in the Player options, but then you loose passthrough because of resampling. In my case this even does not help, but for others it does. 

Also, try to disable all motion improver in the TV, as in my case the "LED MOTION PLUS" was the reason (black frame injection, not frame rate doubling, this is something different), this is what I discovered yesterday . 

Not easy to find, but don´t give up :-)

Hi Thanks,

Will check this...

What i see in my loggings is

CAESinkALSA::Initialize - failed to initialize device "hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0"
ERROR: CAESinkALSA - snd_pcm_writei(-32) Broken pipe - trying to recover

The broken pipe is giving the Stutter

with this logging you absolutely need to check your audio config first. Passthrough is routing the audio stream directly to the ALSA device, and it looks like this HDMI related sound config has a problem. If you have more than one HDMI in your Kodi config page, try to use another device.

Il y a 2 heures, thomas.rehberg a dit :

with this logging you absolutely need to check your audio config first. Passthrough is routing the audio stream directly to the ALSA device, and it looks like this HDMI related sound config has a problem. If you have more than one HDMI in your Kodi config page, try to use another device.

Here is the list of alsa devices, The only one where i have sound on is SAM SAMSUNG on HDMI #0 (receiver yamaha rx-a3070).

All others give no sound, this was working fine on my Previous nas (TS-670) and i think also on the TVS-472xt with firmware 4.4.0 .....

Enumerated ALSA devices:
     Device 1
         m_deviceName      : default
         m_displayName     : Playback/recording through the PulseAudio sound server
         m_displayNameExtra:
         m_deviceType      : AE_DEVTYPE_PCM
         m_channels        : FL, FR, BL, BR, FC, LFE, SL, SR, UNKNOWN1, UNKNOWN2, UNKNOWN3, UNKNOWN4, UNKNOWN5, UNKNOWN6, UNKNOWN7, UNKNOWN8
         m_sampleRates     : 5512,8000,11025,16000,22050,32000,44100,48000,64000,88200,96000,176400,192000
         m_dataFormats     : AE_FMT_FLOAT,AE_FMT_S24NE3,AE_FMT_S24NE4,AE_FMT_S32NE,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S16LE,AE_FMT_S16BE,AE_FMT_U8
         m_streamTypes     : No passthrough capabilities
     Device 2
         m_deviceName      : pulse
         m_displayName     : PulseAudio Sound Server
         m_displayNameExtra:
         m_channels        : FL, FR, BL, BR, FC, LFE, SL, SR, UNKNOWN1, UNKNOWN2, UNKNOWN3, UNKNOWN4, UNKNOWN5, UNKNOWN6, UNKNOWN7, UNKNOWN8
         m_sampleRates     : 5512,8000,11025,16000,22050,32000,44100,48000,64000,88200,96000,176400,192000
         m_dataFormats     : AE_FMT_FLOAT,AE_FMT_S24NE3,AE_FMT_S24NE4,AE_FMT_S32NE,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S16LE,AE_FMT_S16BE,AE_FMT_U8
     Device 3
         m_deviceName      : @:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
         m_displayName     : HDA Intel PCH
         m_displayNameExtra: ALC262 Analog
         m_channels        : FL, FR
         m_sampleRates     : 48000
         m_dataFormats     : AE_FMT_S32NE
     Device 4
         m_deviceName      : hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0
         m_displayNameExtra: SAM SAMSUNG on HDMI #0
         m_deviceType      : AE_DEVTYPE_HDMI
         m_channels        : FL, FR, LFE, FC, BL, BR, BC, BLOC, BROC
         m_sampleRates     : 32000,44100,48000,88200,96000,176400,192000
         m_dataFormats     : AE_FMT_RAW,AE_FMT_S32NE,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S16LE,AE_FMT_RAW
         m_streamTypes     : STREAM_TYPE_AC3,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_MA,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_CORE,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_1024,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_2048,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_512,STREAM_TYPE_EAC3,STREAM_TYPE_TRUEHD
     Device 5
         m_deviceName      : hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=1
         m_displayNameExtra: HDMI #1
         m_dataFormats     : AE_FMT_S32NE,AE_FMT_S16NE,AE_FMT_S16LE,AE_FMT_RAW
         m_streamTypes     : STREAM_TYPE_AC3,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_MA,STREAM_TYPE_DTSHD_CORE,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_1024,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_2048,STREAM_TYPE_DTS_512,STREAM_TYPE_EAC3,STREAM_TYPE_TRUEHD
     Device 6
         m_deviceName      : hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=2
         m_displayNameExtra: HDMI #2
     Device 7
         m_deviceName      : hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=3
         m_displayNameExtra: HDMI #3
     Device 8
         m_deviceName      : hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=4
         m_displayNameExtra: HDMI #4

normally you should see kind of indication which HDMI is connected as the end device. I also see "SAMSUNG" (as I also have this brand) in the name of the HDMI connected. My setup is that the NAS is connected to one input of a SAMSUNG receiver, and the output of this receiver goes to the SAMSUNG TV.

Originally I have had the NAS connected to the TV directly, but this will limit your audio to 2channels only (stupidly).

Le 26/02/2020 à 12:47, thomas.rehberg a dit :

normally you should see kind of indication which HDMI is connected as the end device. I also see "SAMSUNG" (as I also have this brand) in the name of the HDMI connected. My setup is that the NAS is connected to one input of a SAMSUNG receiver, and the output of this receiver goes to the SAMSUNG TV.

Originally I have had the NAS connected to the TV directly, but this will limit your audio to 2channels only (stupidly).

Indeed, here all HDMI out ports of all players are connected to the receiver (Yamaha rx-a3070), the receivers hdmi out is connected to the Samsung TV.

So the receiver is the central system to handle all audio format, the video is forwarded to the TV

This was always working fine, but since half a year something changed and now i have does issues with sound and video stutter...

I have stopped automatic downloads from Qnap.

I stopped at HD station 4.0.7 they taken heaps of rights and applications of my Qnap.

NO MORE Mr. Qnap its my machine and i don't need to be limited in what i can do to MY machine.

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any plans to package Kodi 18.6? My HDMI sound is not reliable (often stops working on resuming a movie), which seems to be one of the issues solved in the 18.6 release.

Regards,
Chris.

2 minutes ago, thomas.rehberg said:

Hi Chris, look into Qnapstore.eu, there is a 18.6 package. I have not tested it yet but you´ll find it under https://www.qnapclub.eu/de/qpkg/873

BR, Thomas

Hi,

what is difference between light and normal version ?

I have no idea, we need to ask the author. I have installed the 19 version in parallel, from the same source, just for to do some compatibility checks, and I haven´t spotted anything that I´m missing.

On 5/6/2020 at 9:05 AM, thomas.rehberg said:

I have no idea, we need to ask the author. I have installed the 19 version in parallel, from the same source, just for to do some compatibility checks, and I haven 't spotted anything that I'm missing.

Hi

i'm using 18.5 can i upgrade to 19 TS-253B

I am also running into an  issue with  Kodi from Qnap Club repository. Kodi Leia Version 18.5 specifically but I have tried most of them.  It reports installing successfully then when I go to open I get the spinning Q and nothing. I checked /etc/config/qpkg.conf to get the install location which was /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Kodi18/.  I was going to check what kodi.log said but there was no kodi.log. I did a locate for kodi.log and there was no file located in share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Kodi18/. So it looks like the install actually did not complete fully maybe? Is there a way to check that? 

I also installed a QPKG of Mykodi18_alpha1 I was able to track down and it opens without issue. I am able to find the kodi.log for that application ( which makes sense since the application works). But this app has its own issues. 

I am running storage pools so I don't think it is a legacy storage thing. Every volume is a thin volume so my understanding is that means they are not legacy storage. If that is an incorrect conclusion can someone point me in the right direction to confirm? 

My hardware is TVS-673 with 6 hard drives and 2 M.2 drives for cache acceleration. QTS = 4.4.2.1310 and Hd-Station = 4.1.0 .I also thought that was a working combination but if I am mistaken about that as well I would appreciate someone setting me straight. 

I did try to reinstall HD Station and the Kodi packages but got the same result. I did install and open Netflix package from Qnap Club  without issue. Is there anything else I can check or am I using some combination of features that is not compatible?

the mykodi versions are pretty old I‘m afraid, I would not use them any longer. The only reasons to use them is if you need to stick to the legacy volumes, but this is not your issue. 

Your case is really strange, obviously there is no kodi.log as the app never started. 

In Qnapclub there are also two more packages you can try, one is Kodi 18.6, the other is Kodi 19. Can you try these first in order to overcome your issue?

I made the mistake of performing a QNAP update. The update broke Kodi 17.5 ( I think that was the version). So I went to install Leia and that didn't open. I tired Matrix and Leia Light and same thing. I did not go back through previous version of Leia. I use Kodi primarily as a Myth front end so I had to have something so the wife could watch TV and the MyKodi alpha could at least provide that.  I do not recall digging into the logs for Matrix or other version so I will try to reinstall those and see what shows up. As for the kodi.log there is not even a temp folder in place where kodi.log seems to be kept normally. So it almost seems like the install doesn't really complete fully for me. Is there an install log I can check or anything like that to see what is or isn't being written during install?  

in the Kodi18 directory you should be able to find a file called ".list". Think here the installation process is listing all files that have been installed.

in my case this file has a size of 794.2kB, and is in fact documenting all files I have in the Kodi18 installation folder. I´m attaching this file here, maybe you can check if there are files missing in your installation? 

.list

Hey thanks for the list. I appreciate it, but my .list for 18 appears to be exactly the same. I ran it through a diff and it returned no differences. Can I ask the path to your kodi.log file on your working Kodi18? I get the feeling that I have something pointed somewhere that doesn't currently exist and that is my issue.  And if I add a folder or tweak a permission it will fire right up.