I have installed many versions of kodi from qnapclub, They have the same problem:

The control bar keeps flickering after the video is played.

After the video is paused, return to other pages of kodi, the ui of the whole kodi will always flickering.

Stopping the video can solve this problem, or choose window mode instead of full screen mode

Can someone help me? thx.

Hi @hisunecom and All,

This is my experience regarding UI/Subtitle flickering with Kodi Leia and Kodi Matrix.
For me, on HD Station v4.0.9 everything worked fine.  When update for 4.0.10 came out, this is when I spotted flickering. At first I wasn't sure what caused it, but  after couple of hours playing around with different Kodi versions and display/video settings I finally figured that Kodi was not the problem.

TEMPORARY SOLUTION:
Don't update HybridDesk Station to version 4.0.10!
If you already did that, you'll need to revert back to HybridDesk Station v4.0.9 (links to QNAP official repo) for the UI/Subtitle flickering to go away.
CAUTION - If you are removing newer HD Station version be aware that all of your installed HD apps and their settings will be gone.

Hope it helps someone.
Cheers!

EDIT:
Also, and this may be helpful to QNAP/Kodi developers trying to fix this. When running Kodi Leia/Matrix in window mode on HD Station 4.0.10 there is no UI or subtitle flickering.

Edited by osinerg
Note to QNAP/Kodi developers

35 minutes ago, osinerg said:

Hi @hisunecom and All,

This is my experience regarding UI/Subtitle flickering with Kodi Leia and Kodi Matrix.
For me, on HD Station v4.0.9 everything worked fine.  When update for 4.0.10 came out, this is when I spotted flickering. At first I wasn't sure what caused it, but  after couple of hours playing around with different Kodi versions and display/video settings I finally figured that Kodi was not the problem.

TEMPORARY SOLUTION:
If you already did that, you'll need to revert back to HybridDesk Station v4.0.9 (links to QNAP official repo) for the UI/Subtitle flickering to go away.
CAUTION - If you are removing newer HD Station version be aware that all of your installed HD apps and their settings will be gone.

Hope it helps someone.
Cheers!

Ah, that hopefully explains the subtitle flickering I've been experiencing over the weekend. Thank you very much, I'll revert back to 4.0.9

36 minutes ago, osinerg said:

Hi @hisunecom and All,

TEMPORARY SOLUTION:

Hope it helps someone.
Cheers!

Do I just install 4.0.9 over the installed 4.0.10?

1 hour ago, DoctorJellybean said:

Do I just install 4.0.9 over the installed 4.0.10?

I wasn't sure if the install of an older version over higher was safe or not, so I've removed 4.0.10 before installing 4.0.9.
But if you want to experiment with 4.0.9 over 4.0.10 installation, I would like to hear the results. ^_^

3 hours ago, osinerg said:

I wasn't sure if the install of an older version over higher was safe or not, so I've removed 4.0.10 before installing 4.0.9.
But if you want to experiment with 4.0.9 over 4.0.10 installation, I would like to hear the results. ^_^

I did, and it seems to work. That said, I've been advised to install 4.0.7 instead as there are other issues as well

https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=295&t=154895

Hello

I have a 251+ D and only got it as Media Player

I struggled a lot with newer versions ( actually a combo of HD 4.07 and above + QNAP Firmware ) where if you keep KODI ON for 3-4 hrs+, it goes to such a sleep and only a reboot would wake it

I was told use 4.06 but then due to security, I had to update firmware and I had combo of issues where video stayed but no sound from device

Now with latest fw and latest HD Stn, all was OK then flckering started with subs

Now I have installed 4.06 again but the sleep issue remains and I wake it up by qremote on my android phone

Cant catch a break

Anyone experience or know a fix

Well, I have a QNAP HS-251+ running at FW 4.5.1.1495, hosting HD-Station 4.07, running Kodi 18.9. Not that I can say without Problems, however this issue here I never had. Are you sure there is none of the powersave functionalities in Kodi itself enabled?

Keep it at HDS 4.07, all the higher version tend to generate issues with video stutter.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:20 AM, thomas.rehberg said:

Well, I have a QNAP HS-251+ running at FW 4.5.1.1495, hosting HD-Station 4.07, running Kodi 18.9. Not that I can say without Problems, however this issue here I never had. Are you sure there is none of the powersave functionalities in Kodi itself enabled?

Keep it at HDS 4.07, all the higher version tend to generate issues with video stutter.

ok, let me try 4.07

No power save stuff in Kodi

infact QNAP gave me a code to try as well, use it via ssh - echo 0 > /sys/module/snd_hda_intel/parameters/power_save_controller